What does Network or Cashless Garage mean in Car Insurance?27 Feb, 2023
Understand the nuances of car insurance: Learn the difference between network and cashless garages. Navigate your coverage options with confidence.
Benefits of opting for Network/Cashless Garages in UAE
Car insurance plans provide us with various benefits and exclusive protection. All car insurance policyholders in the UAE are entitled to a cashless/network garage facility, which is one of the most useful features of car insurance in the UAE. Network garage facilities make filing a car insurance claim easy, providing a multitude of advantages to both the policyholders and insurers.
Quick Read Section
- Car insurance plans in the UAE have many useful add-on features, and one of them is cashless garage/ network garage service.
- A cashless/network garage facility is a default benefit that comes with car insurance plans that can be availed by all policy holders.
- For network garage repairs, the only sum of money you need to pay is the deductible as determined by your insurance contract.
- The number of network garages an insurance company has should be considered while purchasing a car insurance policy.
- Network garages guarantee full transparency since the bills are sent directly to the insurance provider, and you will not be charged more than what is due.
Let's explore what network garages are, how they work in car insurance claims, and why they are essential.
What does a network or cashless garage mean in car insurance?
Regular garages that are affiliated with one or more insurance companies are known as network garages. Cashless garages are another term used to describe them.
If you visit a network garage for repairs, you don't have to pay anything out of your pocket as the expenses will be settled directly with the insurance company - thus eliminating the need to file a reimbursement claim. For network garage repairs, the only cost you will incur is the deductible sum detailed in your insurance policy.
What are the steps of the claims process to use network garages?
The procedures of settling car insurance claims rely heavily on network garages. Insurance companies in the UAE do not provide reimbursement for repair costs in the event of an accident. Follow these steps to avail of the network garage service in the event of an accident:
- Step 1- When submitting a claim with your insurance provider, you will be provided with a list of cashless garages from their network that offer the perfect repair service for your car’s damages.
- Step 2- Your vehicle must be taken to the assigned garage, and you must submit the claim documents in person. An insurance company representative is always present at approved garages.
- Step 3- If all the criteria are met, your claim will be processed immediately, and the approval will be granted immediately. Repairs will start according to the advantages and coverage of your insurance policy.
To locate a cashless garage near you, go through the list of network garages provided by your insurance provider on their website and visit the preferred garage of your choice.
If you need assistance, you can contact your insurance broker to help you with further processing.
The number of network garages a company has is an important factor when people consider which insurance plan to choose. The larger the network of garages, the more options and flexibility you can expect.
What are the benefits of choosing network garages?
- Reduces the hassles of filing for claims:As a car insurance policyholder in the UAE, you don't have to worry about filing a claim for repair costs. Collect the necessary documents and take your car to the designated garage, and the rest of the process will be handled for you. Car insurance claims can be easily and quickly processed at a network garage. With network garages, the car insurance claims process is faster and smoother for the insured.
- Reliable and authentic repair service:Your insurance company is responsible for covering any damages caused to your car, so they only select the best garages and technicians in the UAE to guarantee the highest quality of repairs. You can be certain that your vehicle will be in good hands.
- Efficient and prompt action on customer needs: Repairing your car at a network garage that is part of your insurance provider's network will ensure you get prompt care. Partner insurance customers are more significant to garages than walk-in customers because they are associated with the garage's reputation, responsibility, business, and overall standing.
- Affordable and convenient payment of bills: With direct claim settlement from a network garage, you don't have to worry about paying big bills out of your own pocket. You will only be responsible for the deductibles as specified in the insurance policy, and the rest is taken care of directly by the insurance company.
- Efficient car maintenance services:Owning and operating your own car becomes simple, with advantages such as quick servicing, preferred treatment, high-grade repairs, and very minimal cost. All that is expected from you is to obey traffic regulations and be cautious while driving in the UAE.
- Smoother and quicker claims process: Filing a claim is now much simpler and quicker. All you need are a completed claim form, Emirates ID, driving license, registration, and a police report. You no longer need to go through the hassle of gathering all the necessary receipts, bills, and invoices.
Factors to be aware of while opting for network garages
When dealing with network garages, it is important to be aware of certain factors such as:
- Only covers agreed expenses as per policy contract: This includes making sure that your insurance provider will cover all repair expenses in accordance with your insurance contract. Your insurance provider will only pay for the costs they are responsible for per the insurance agreement. Any deductibles, co-insurance, co-payments, and consumable repairs are the responsibility of the insured.
- Repairs from garages outside provider network will not be reimbursed: Most insurance companies have the provision of direct claim settlement through network garages. Ensure to choose only from the insurance company’s network of garages to enjoy the cashless benefits of your policy. Your vehicle repairs will not get reimbursed if you get your servicing done from garages that are not included in the insurance company’s network of garages.
- Roadside assistance excluded: Cashless garage service is not the same as roadside assistance. If you need to take your car to a nearby garage or a network garage, use the roadside assistance feature of your plan, if it is included in the coverage. Unless otherwise specified in the plan, garages typically do not provide a vehicle pick-up service.
Despite having a smaller selection of garages, a network repair facility is one of the most beneficial features that come with car insurance plans. All network garages offer excellent repair services, so the lack of options is of little consequence. It is important to ensure that there is an accessible network garage near where you live in the UAE. Not every garage will be partnered with every insurance provider in the UAE, so they may be located far away.
While looking for the right car insurance plan, make sure to look for one with a broad selection of network garages. Insurance brokers can help you compare various insurance policies and the cashless benefits they offer to select the most suitable and cost-effective option for you.
Many insurance companies offer network garages, which allow you to make a payment for car repairs directly from your own insurance policy. Your insurance broker will ensure that your vehicle is repaired in an appropriate time and that you receive quality services from the affiliated cashless garages.
Contact us today for all personalized deals on car insurance.