Why is your Motor Insurance Claim Rejected25 Aug, 2018
Many motorists think they and their insured vehicles have a comprehensive protection and the insurance company will be there to compensate for all damages and losses.
When do they reject your motor claims
Many motorists think they and their insured vehicles have a comprehensive protection and the insurance company will be there to compensate for all damages and losses. Not really. The reality may be different when you actually make a claim under the policy.
Here are a few conditions when insurance companies can reject your claim:
- If it is proved that the insurance contract was built on false information given by the insured, or that the insured concealed important facts affecting the acceptance of the risk by the insurance company or affecting the premium or conditions of insurance
- If the vehicle is used for a purpose other than that set forth in the insurance policy, or if the car is overloaded beyond the allowed limits of width or length or height
- If the driver was not holding a driving licence for the type of the damaged vehicle
- If it was proved that death or injury caused by the driver of the insured car was intentional and premeditated
- If the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The insurance company may also not entertain claims filed after the time period prescribed in the insurance policy.
Some exclusions are:
- For damaged tyres if the car was not damaged;
- For internal breakdown of mechanical or electrical devices; not otherwise caused by an external accident.
While purchasing car insurance in UAE, it is ideal to go through an insurance broker as they can help you clearly understand what is covered and what is not, and also assist you during claims settlement. Contact us today