Which health insurance plan is the best for families living in the UAE?18 May, 2023
Looking for affordable family health insurance? Here is a list of the top health insurance plans for families in UAE with good coverage and benefits.
7 Most Affordable Family Medical Insurance Plans in UAE
In the UAE, family health insurance is becoming increasingly important. With rising healthcare costs and the need to provide quality medical care for your family, it's essential to have a reliable health insurance plan in place.
Family health insurance plans can help you save money on medical bills while ensuring that your family is covered in case of an emergency.
Quick Read Section
- Family health insurance ensures that all members in a family get access to quality medical care in the UAE.
- The cost of family health insurance policies varies depending on the pre-existing diseases, age of family members, and type of coverage selected.
- Compared to individual health insurance policies with restricted coverage, family health insurance provides a wide range of advantages.
- Health insurance for families includes benefits such as dental coverage, cashless procedures and consultations, maternity coverage, and ICU and operating room coverage.
A family health plan is a type of health insurance that offers coverage to multiple family members for a fixed sum assured in place of a single premium for each individual per year. These insurance policies offer guaranteed coverage to two or more family members in the event that they are admitted to the hospital or are given a medical diagnosis.
Family health insurance offers a wide range of benefits in comparison to individual health insurance policies with limited coverage. With access to medical perks such as maternity coverage, cashless treatments and consultations, ICU and Operation theatre coverage, and Dental cover, you can provide the best healthcare experience for your family in UAE.
Family health insurance ensures that you and your loved ones get access to quality medical care in the UAE. You can include your family members and even extended family under the same health insurance plan. The health insurance plan for families also gives you the option to choose from the best hospital networks and opt for direct billing of medical expenses or reimbursement.
What is covered under family health insurance in UAE?
Family health insurance coverage includes a range of benefits such as:
- Maternity treatment coverage
- Newborn Cover
- Dental coverage
- Outpatient and Inpatient Treatment
- Critical Illness Cover
- Hospital Room Fees
- Ambulance Charges
- Cashless treatments
- Doctor consultations
- ICU and Operation Theatre Coverage
When considering a family health insurance plan, it's important to look at all the options available and find one that suits your needs and budget.
Is family health insurance worth it?
Wondering whether to buy family health insurance or not?
Family health insurance protects you and your loved ones from the financial burden of unexpected medical expenses. Purchasing an insurance plan that covers the whole family is much cheaper in comparison to investing in health insurance for each individual member of the family.
Here are a few reasons why you should buy a family health insurance plan:
1. Cashless Treatments: Get treated without worrying about the bills! With the best family health insurance plan, your medical treatment at hospital networks will be covered and you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket. You can get access to both worldwide coverage as well as medical coverage in your local region. And you don’t have to worry even if you need treatment from a hospital outside your insurance provider’s network as these expenses can be reimbursed.
2. World-class Facilities: Investing in a good family health insurance plan with higher premiums will ensure that you reap the benefits during your need of the hour. All your medical bills including charges for consultations, lab tests, hospital room fees, ambulance costs, etc are covered under your plan. And you can focus entirely on getting better without worrying about the costs of treatment.
3. Financial Security: With the rising costs of health care, family health insurance protects you from unnecessary charges and takes care of your treatment bills. You can get treatments at affordable costs by purchasing health insurance plans suitable for your budget. Insurance brokers can help you choose a health insurance plan with lower rates and with more coverage.
Get medical insurance coverage to get access to good healthcare facilities across large hospital networks and clinics in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and the northern emirates. With medical insurance, you and your family can enjoy benefits such as maternity coverage, dental coverage, and free annual health check-ups. Health insurance plans also protect you from huge medical expenses due to inflation.
How to choose the best health insurance for your family?
Health insurance for families covers any maladies that may affect your loved ones at any point in time. It is an essential factor to sustain your well-being and get cured of illnesses. In UAE, it is mandatory to enroll in a health insurance plan to be issued a Residence Visa in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or the Northern Emirates.
Follow these steps to buy a good health insurance plan for your family:
- Set a budget for health insurance: Keeping each family member’s medical needs in mind, choose a health insurance policy that can provide you with the best coverage. Once you have set a budget and selected a suitable plan within your range, you can calculate the coverage amount per year that is required for you and your family. Insurance brokers are the right advisors when it comes to unbiasedly choosing a plan that caters to your needs. You can list your family’s coverage requirements along with their ages and they can help you compare various plans and choose the right one for your family.
- Opt for insurance plans with large hospital networks: Contact your insurance broker for details on the hospital network of your insurance provider. Or visit their website to check the complete list of hospitals where you can access cashless treatments or direct billing. Always select a plan that has a high number of network hospitals so that you have wider access to healthcare facilities.
- Choose a reliable insurance provider: Decide on your preferred insurance provider and research in detail about them. You should be aware of the years of experience of your insurance provider, their claim settlement ratio, and the policy inclusions and exclusions. Go through customer reviews to get a good understanding of their service. If you’re having a hard time deciding on an insurance company, reach out to an insurance broker. Insurance brokers have experience dealing with top insurance companies in the UAE and can guide you to the right provider.
- Compare different policies before settling on one: Browse through various policies, the benefits provided, and the sum limits before deciding on one. Also, make sure to check the waiting period and if the plan has the option of lifetime renewability. You should also choose a plan that has maternity coverage and if the plan can be customized to fit the requirements of each of your family members.
- Read through the fine print carefully: Once you have your policy documents sent to you, go through it carefully to understand the claims process. Check with your insurance broker to get clarity on unfamiliar terms and understand how fast claims are typically processed for your policy.
- Purchase your insurance policy: After completing all these steps, you can go ahead and buy your insurance policy. Submit the documents necessary to issue your policy and make the payment online or by visiting your insurance broker or provider. Now you can relax knowing that your entire family is insured under a good health insurance policy!
How much does health insurance cost for a family in UAE?
Family health insurance offers financial security in the event of medical emergencies and ensures that each of your family members (including your domestic help) and their needs are covered. These plans provide coverage for consultations, treatments, and any other medical expenses incurred at a healthcare facility. On average, basic health insurance coverage for a family of 4 members costs range between AED 17,000 to AED 33,500 per annum.
Best Family Medical Insurance Plans in UAE
These are the best health insurance plans you can purchase to avail medical coverage for your family:
1. GIG Insurance (previously AXA Insurance)
GIG’s Smart Health Plans offer comprehensive coverage to protect your family from financial expenses due to unexpected health issues. Get local as well as international coverage with access to facilities from more than 800,000 hospitals in and outside UAE.
- 24/7 online support from expert professionals
- Online claim reimbursement
- Emergency medical assistance
- Free pre-treatment telehealth consultations
- Dental coverage
- Maternity Cover
- Coverage for pre-existing and chronic conditions, including Cancer.
- Psychiatric treatment
2. Sukoon Insurance:
Sukoon’s Health insurance plans are designed to cover any medical needs that you and your family may face every day. Their plans can be customized with regional or worldwide cover, which enables you to access healthcare facilities at low costs no matter where you go.
- Hospital Accommodation Expenses
- Medicine costs
- Mental Health and Rehabilitation treatments
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Maternity Coverage
- Cancer Treatment Coverage
- Medical evacuation and repatriation
3. Takaful Emarat Insurance
Takaful Emarat provides medical insurance plans with enhanced health coverage for you as well as your family.
- Physiotherapy Coverage for up to 20 sessions a year
- Dental Coverage up to AED 3,000 (Direct Billing)
- Optical Coverage up to AED 1,500
- Coverage for Prescription Drugs up to AED 15,000
4. Orient Insurance:
Orient Insurance has family care plans that offer a wide range of benefits to suit your requirements. Worldwide coverage for up to 90 days of treatment is an inclusion in this plan, along with other coverage options.
- Ambulance and Hospital Rent Expenses,
- Health Checks and ICU treatments
- Maternity and Newborn Cover
- Physiotherapy, Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy
- Consultations and Diagnostics,
- Alternative Medicine (with 10% Copay)
- Emergency Mental Health treatments
5. RAK Insurance
RAK Insurance offers plans with local and worldwide medical coverage for you and your family. You can customize your plan with the preferred area of coverage, hospital network, and even the doctor you wish to consult.
Other Benefits include:
- Ambulance and Hospital Rent Expenses
- Health Checks,
- Alternative Medicine (Up to AED 1,600 reimbursement),
6. ADNIC Insurance
ADNIC’s Shifa plans help ensure that the medical needs of every family member, including your domestic help, are met every day. Shifa Plans are categorized into Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers.
- Maternity Coverage
- Consultation and Medicine Costs
- Medical Appliance Cost Coverage
- Kidney Dialysis
- Alternative Medicine Treatments
- Health Checkups
- Psychiatry and Counselling Treatments
- Dental and Optical Coverage
Daman Insurance offers coverage for inpatient and outpatient treatments, emergency treatments, and maternity treatments at affordable rates. You can choose their local health insurance plans which are available with the option to add global coverage as well. With access to more than 3,000 hospitals and clinics, you can enjoy maximum health coverage for 365 days of the year.
Plan Benefits Include:
- Consultation and Diagnostic Costs
- Annual Breast Cancer Screening
- Annual Prostate Cancer Screening
- Maternity Cover
- Optical and Dental Coverage
- Emergency Treatment Expenses
Under the secure shade of a good health insurance plan, you can rest assured that the needs of your loved ones are covered. And that you have our team of committed insurance brokers on hand to support you in case any problems do arise.
The premiums for family health insurance plans vary depending on the age of different family members, pre-existing conditions, and the kind of coverage chosen. Reach out to us today for more details on family insurance plans that will fit the medical needs of your loved ones, no matter what their age or health conditions are. You can get health insurance coverage to suit the unique needs of your family, including your aged parents, children, and other relatives.
Family health insurance plans can especially benefit families who travel abroad and require extensive medical coverage wherever they stay.
With our years of insurance expertise in the UAE, we can guide you through various insurance options to find the right plan for your family. For more information on family medical insurance, quotes, and comparison rate charts, reach out to an insurance broker at Gargash.
Contact us today for all your health insurance needs!