Steps to File your Travel Insurance Claim21 Sep, 2022
Have you claimed your travel insurance? Travel insurance ensures your safety against risks while travelling. Here are a few easy steps to claim travel insurance
Travel Insurance Coverage
Whether it is a family holiday or a business trip, you should be equipped to face any mishaps while travelling. It is mandatory for tourists visiting UAE to have a travel insurance policy that includes Covid-19 coverage. Travel insurance is a mandatory requirement while traveling to multiple popular destinations including Schengen, US, Georgia etc. The government of UAE strongly recommends residents travelling abroad to purchase travel insurance as well. Travel insurance in UAE serves as a contract between you and your insurance provider – it secures you against risks while travelling. It accounts for accidents, loss/delay of baggage, and all other unforeseen circumstances while you are away from home. This article explains how it works and how you can file a claim with ease.
Quick Read Section
- Travel insurance is a contract that secures you against any risks while travelling
- Travel insurance coverage extends to accidents, emergencies, and unexpected situations when you are travelling.
- The steps to submit a claim include filing a police report, collecting all supporting documents and completing the claim forms.
With the help of an insurance broker, you can find the right plan for your travel needs, you can choose from single-trip and multi-trip plans, individual and family plans, etc. There are a number of travel insurance plans in the UAE that cover the following among others:
- Medical emergencies
- Evacuation or quarantine
- Home assistance
- Trip Curtailment
- Personal/legal liabilities
Based on the purpose of your travel and the number of people you can get the perfect plan for your trip with the right guidance from your broker.
There are specific documents required by insurance providers when you file a claim. Most insurers ask for the following documents:
- Policy details
- Flight information (for flight and baggage related claims)
- Police report (in case of theft/accident)
- Medical reports and invoices (for medical emergencies)
- All other supporting documentation
Ensure you submit all required documentation as per the terms of your plan in a timely manner in order to receive your reimbursement as soon as possible. Complying with these conditions is essential to get your claim approved.
How to file your claim?
The most crucial role of your insurance provider is in the claim addressal process. The procedure to file a travel insurance claim varies with your situation. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. File a police report (in case of theft or accident) - In order to prove that there was loss or damage, a police report must be filed stating the incident and items lost. A copy of it must be submitted to your insurer.
2. Collect all supporting documents and invoices – All supporting documents must be collected such as, the travel insurance policy number, police report, medical invoices etc. In case of baggage loss or delay, you will need proof from the airline confirming the delay in the form of a letter or report. Any evidence that proves you suffered a loss can be sought by the insurer in order to process your claim.
3. Submit the claim form – Fill out the form with details of the policy, the claim type, reasons for filing it, travel dates etc. All supporting documents including pictures (in case of an accident) should be attached as well. You should submit this as soon as possible – within 90 days of the loss – in order for it to be approved. Your claim will be processed within a short span of time. Depending on the claim type you may be asked to provide additional proof.
Different travel insurance plans have different terms and conditions for travel insurance in the UAE. It is important to choose a comprehensive plan that covers exceptional circumstances while travelling, for example COVID-19. The process of selecting the right policy and filing a claim is often confusing and stressful. It is highly recommended to choose a trusted insurance broker who can guide you through this journey. With the right assistance, filing a claim doesn’t have to be a complicated process. A good policy will help secure your trip and make your travel stress free. You can reach out to our team of travel insurance experts today.