5 Ways to Boost Your Immunity This Summer25 Apr, 2023
Are you searching for ways to boost your immunity in the summer months? Here are 5 tips to boost your immune system naturally at home to help you stay healthy this summer!
How to Boost your Immunity Naturally At Home?
Summer time can be hard on your immune system due to temperature changes that encourage the growth of specific viruses and bacteria. Stress, poor diet, insufficient sleep, obesity, a lack of exercise, protein deficiency are a few reasons that contribute to a weakened immune system.
COVID-19 has significantly impacted our immune system, and many people are concerned about how they can stay healthy during these testing times. A strong immune system can help you avoid infections and diseases and keep you fit and healthy.
In this article, we will discuss five remedies how to boost your immunity this summer. Improve your immune system by incorporating these healthy practices into your daily routine.
Quick Read Section
- Adults aged above 50 are at higher risk of contracting infectious diseases due to their immune system becoming weaker as they age.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water at regular intervals. Regularly hydrate yourself with water.
- Always keep your hands clean to avoid the risk of spreading germs.
- Low immunity puts you at risk of contracting diseases which can cause a lot of medical expenses. Health insurance protects you and your family from financial losses resulting from medical emergencies.
Reasons Why Immunity Becomes Weak During Summer
- Sleep Deprivation: Summer nights can be very warm, which makes it difficult to get a good night's sleep, and adequate sleep is needed for optimal immune system function. Studies show that people suffering from sleep deprivation are more prone to contract common cold and other infectious diseases.
- Heatwaves: Studies have shown that heat waves can decrease our ability to defend ourselves against diseases such as influenza and the common cold.
- Lack of Vitamin D Because of Sunscreen: Our bodies produce vitamin D when exposed to sunlight. But vitamin D deficiency is common even in countries with abundant sunshine. Due to modern lifestyles and excessive use of SPF sunscreens which can lead to lack of Vitamin D in our body.
Tips to Boost Your Immunity in Summer
Here are 5 tips to boost your immunity this summer:
- Consume Immunity Boosting Foods: Fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins and water content, which can help boost the immune system. Salads are a great addition to your diet as it increases your consumption of vegetables. Also, choose to have fruit juices or fruit smoothies instead of unhealthy snacks. Processed foods, trans, and carbohydrates increase inflammatory response and can lower immunity.
- Adequate Sleep: Many important processes are going on in your body while you are sleeping. To give your immune system the best chance to fight against infections and diseases, it is important to have a minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Hydrate Your Body with Water: Water plays an important role in your body, which includes supporting your immune system. Studies say that men should consume 3.7 liters of water whereas women should consume 2.7 liters of water a day.
- Minimize Stress: Stress can cause your cortisol levels to rise which can weaken your immunity if they stay too high for a long period. To reduce stress levels, you should meditate, reach out to family and friends, try to connect with people, and get enough sleep.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise isn’t just for building muscles and to help you de-stress. Exercise helps flush bacteria from your lungs and airways, reducing the chances of contracting infections.
Boost your immunity by eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water, and managing your stress levels. However, do not forget to protect your health by purchasing medical insurance. Emergencies are always unexpected, so we must be prepared for even the worst-case scenarios. You deserve to be treated with the best medical facilities that are available in the market, which are generally expensive. So, in addition to protecting yourself from various infections, you should also protect your family from financial stress. It is critical to insure yourself and your family because emergencies can occur at any time.
Apart from keeping a healthy lifestyle, you can also protect yourself with medical insurance. Despite all the precautions taken, we might fall ill, and, in extreme cases, we might even require regular medical attention.
Medical procedures are costly and can put you under a lot of stress as you worry about your health as well as your family’s health. In such cases, medical insurance will protect you and your family from any unexpected financial burdens.
Talk to your insurance broker or provider to know more about benefits and inclusions in your health insurance plan and how much coverage you can get.
Contact us today for all your health insurance needs!
HAVE A QUERY?