How to Buy the Best Health Insurance Plan in UAE?14 Mar, 2022
Learn about the tips to buy the best health insurance plan in UAE as they not only provide financial security but also gives you a wide range of coverages for your family and individual.
With the advent of the Coronavirus, healthcare, and medical attention have become more important. There are several reasons to buy a health insurance policy in the UAE. First, to ensure financial coverage in any unfortunate event, secondly, affordable healthcare policies, the rising inflation, and more.
These days, youngsters embrace a lifestyle that is prone to illness and lots of health issues. These are not just limited to cold, cough, and fever. Chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, kidney, or heart disorders are equally prevalent. So, it is always wise to have health insurance to the rescue. And who better to enlighten you than us, Gargash Insurance, with an easy path from selecting the appropriate insurance to purchasing to claiming it!
Now let’s look at the various types of health insurance plans in the UAE:
Types of Health Insurance
There are five types of health insurance in the UAE that one can choose from, depending on their situation. They are:
- Individual Health Insurance Plans - Individual medical insurance plans are offered only to a sole policyholder by insurance companies within the UAE.
- Family Health Insurance Plans -If you want insurance coverage for your family and are concerned about the cost of health insurance in the UAE, family health insurance plans are the best fit. They are affordable and offer extensive coverage.
- Senior Citizen Insurance Plans - Senior Citizen Insurance Plans are specifically designed for the 60 years old & above.
- Group/Employee insurance Plans - These plans are provided by employers. These plans include & exclude employees as they join & leave the company, respectively.
- Critical illness insurance Plans - These plans provide coverage for life-threatening illnesses and diseases that are generally not included in a regular healthcare plan.
If you aren’t sure what is the most suitable plan for you, our team of health insurance experts can advise you of the various options and the plan best suited for your unique needs
How to Select the Best Plan?
It is a wise decision to go for a top-notch insurance intermediary like us when it comes to selecting the best health insurance plan for the safety of yourself and your loved ones. However, when you are on the lookout for an insurance plan, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Search for the correct health insurance coverage - When it involves insurance, choosing a plan with the lowest health insurance premium might not be the best approach, ensure you are thoroughly evaluating the coverage of the plan to determine if it meets your needs
- Opt for a Medical Plan with Lifetime Renewability - As you grow older, you become more vulnerable to illnesses leading to an increase in the cost of health insurance. Hence it is recommended you choose a health insurance plan with lifetime renewability to save on costs
- Compare Different medical insurance Plans - It is highly advisable to compare multiple plans before investing in a health insurance policy since several health insurance companies in Dubai provide different insurance plans, you can work with a trusted insurance broker to support you through the tedious proves
- Network of Hospitals - While purchasing medical insurance it is also important to factor in the network of hospitals where you can avail treatment. Ensure your plan includes treatment from your preferred hospitals and clinics, it is also important to ensure hospitals and clinics that are close to your home are included, as these will be most accessible during medical emergencies
- How To Buy Health Insurance?
These days, everything is available with just a click or tap on your mobile phone screen. You guessed right; you can even buy an insurance policy online. The policy certificate will be generated after you provide all the details. So how do you buy health insurance online? The steps are below:
- Enter Your Details: Enter your basic details on the online form. Tell us whom you wish to buy insurance for, and click on 'Continue' to proceed.
- Compare Health Insurance Quotes: Get customized quotes consistent with your details and choose an insurance plan after comparing all plans.
- Pay Online: Fill in your payment details and select the appropriate tenure of your chosen plan. Click 'Pay' and you're insured!
However, if you feel the need for a professional / insurance broker to assist you with the most suitable insurance plan, then we are just a phone call away!
Documents Required for Buying Health Insurance
Here, we will discuss the documents required for purchasing health insurance in the UAE:
- Age Proof: While purchasing a health insurance policy, one of the most important documents is your age proof. You also need to submit the age proof of all your family members to be insured under the health insurance policy that you buy. Examples of age proofs that can be admissible are birth certificates, passports, driving licenses, voter’s IDs.
- Address Proof: Permanent address proof needs to be submitted. Other acceptable documents are electricity bills, telephone bills, passports, driving licenses, and voter IDs.
- Identity Proof
- Passport size Photograph
- Medical Reports
- Health Insurance Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for insurance may vary depending upon the plan you have chosen. However, as a rule of thumb, every national and UAE resident must own health insurance in the UAE. Certain insurance plans are offered to a selected group of individuals as a dedicated demographic, for example, senior citizen health insurance plans, family medical insurance, health insurance plans for expatriates and nationals, group health insurance plans for employees, etc. Any resident or national is eligible for basic health insurance in UAE if they can submit all the specified documents and meet the individual criteria set by the insurance firms. Below is a list of general eligibility criteria to get health insurance in Dubai:
- Applicant must be a resident of the UAE
- Must be between 18 and 75
- Children are covered from birth as dependents.
These days, buying health insurance in the UAE is as simple as ordering food online. Through us, you will be able to choose the best plan for your family, employees, and even yourself!